2017年3月30日星期四

Poem Qingming by Du Mu, an ancient Chinese Poet---by Jasom from Predatex Silk CO.,LTD. on 31st MAR.2017

Poem Qingming by Du Mu, an ancient Chinese Poet
                      ---by Jasom from Predatex Silk CO.,LTD. on 31st MAR.2017
It is Qingming Festival time of the year again! It is a time for family gathering and sweeping tombs of past family members.
As it has been a so ancient festival that I have no idea how it comes in to being or why, but I guess people in the ancient time put up this festival at the very Spring time of year to pray for a harvest year when they are about to seed.
As long as people talk about Qingming Festival, a poem comes out from every Chinese mouth, elder or kids…
     
   
      清明 ---杜牧

    清明時節雨紛紛,
    路上行人欲斷魂。
    借問酒家何處有?
    牧童遙指杏花村。
I am trying to translate it by myself, yet I know I am not qualified to manage that! However, I checked over on the internet and found many versions of translation, below seems to be the best in my view,

Qing Ming by Du Mu
It drizzles endless during the rainy season in spring,
Travelers along the road look gloomy and miserable.
When I ask a little shepherd boy where I can find a tavern,
It points at a distant hamlet nestling amidst apricot blossoms.

If you would like to discuss with us more about Qing Ming Festival or anything related to Chinese ancient culture, please contact Jasom via jasom@predatextile.com
We are selling no more than just silks with a competitive price, we also sell Chinese culture to the rest of world free of charge!

没有评论:

发表评论